Monday, May 7, 2012

Pure


pure

adjective, pur·er, pur·est.


1. free from anything of a different, inferior, or contaminating kind;
 free from extraneous matter: pure gold; pure water.
2. free from foreign or inappropriate elements
3. clear; free from blemishes: pure skin.

It's 3 AM and I'm eating "pure" yogurt while sitting on my couch with a case of insomia. 
It got me thinking about being "pure". 

I love looking up the definition of a word and then trying to apply it to the situation. 

  • What in my life needs freed from something that is in contridiction to the Word?
  • Do I have anything that is inferior in my life that is causing me to not walk close to the Lord?
  • What do I have in my heart and life that is contaminating me?!
  • Am I free from foreign (to the Biblical standard) thoughts?
  • Am I free from all inappropriate elements in my life?
  • Do I daily allow the Holy Spirit to clean my spirit and ask forgivess from any blemishes that are in me? 


Wow, that's a thought provoking list of items.
 However, when I scrap away all the impure junk
life becomes SO much simpler.
 Cleaner.
 Healthier. 
How much "clutter" have I allowed in my life? 
Not just in general, but more specifically - over this weekend, today, right now? 
Help me Lord to live a pure life before You -
one that is not contaminated with all the stuff of this life. 

Pure in heart. 
Psalm 51:10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

Pure religion. 
James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Pure in spirit.
2 Timothy 2:22 Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Pure love. 
1 Timothy 1:5 The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.

Pure from the worldliness around me.
2 Timothy 2:22 Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Hebrews 10:22 Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.




I believe that being PURE helps us to fully experience the life that God has planned for us. 
We don't need all the chemicals (media, statis, clothes, food, things) that we think we do. 
We need "less" to have "more". 
The Bible very clearly says that over and over.
Why is it so difficult to grasp and live out? 

Luke 9:23-24 Then he [Jesus] said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. 24 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it."


No comments:

Post a Comment