According to a 1997 Newsweek Poll:
• 82% say they ask for health or success for a child or family member
when they pray.
• 75% ask for strength to overcome personal weakness.
• 87% say that God answers prayers.
• 51% think God doesnʼt answer prayers to win sporting events.
• 36% never pray for financial or career success.
• 29% say they pray to God more than once a day.
• 25% pray only once a day.
• 82% say they believe that God does not play favorites in answering
• 79% say God answers prayers for healing someone with an incurable
• 73% think prayers for help in finding a job are answered.
• 54% say that when God doesnʼt answer their prayers, it means it
wasnʼt Godʼs will.
• 82% donʼt turn away from God when prayers go unanswered.
“7 Ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be
opened to you.8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him
who knocks it shall be opened.9 Or what man is there among you, when his son shall ask
him for a loaf, will give him a stone?10 Or if he shall ask for a fish, he will not give him a
snake, will he?11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more shall your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who askHim!”