All credit for notes go to Voddie Baucham!
This past weekend, I had the joy and priviledge of once again attending the Christian Heritage Conference in Bothell, WA. I can't even express in words what an encouragement it is.
These are my notes from the first general session.
LAW says what I must DO.
The GOSPEL tells what Christ has DONE.
I Corinthians 15:1-11
We MUST get the Gospel right!
Errors that we have concerning the Gospel:
1) Some confuse the gospel with the plan of salvation. If the gospel is just how we get saved, then after salvation the gospel is not used. If we negate the gospel, we only have law left! Legalism!
2) The gospel is all the moral teachings of Jesus.
This leads us to DO what Jesus said.
3) The gospel is not the same thing as the Great Commandment (Love God; Love People). These are two separate things!
Gospel - GOOD NEWS! It's an announcement of Jesus' victory! It's to be ANNOUNCED!
- We cannot live the gospel; we live in light of the gospel.
- We must proclaim a historical gospel.
- God is @ the center of the gospel, not us! We are not the center of the universe. He is!
- Obedience is what the gospel PRODUCES; not what is required.
Hold out the law before your children, but with the understanding of Jesus' grace! Christ died to FREE us from the LAW, but our heart should DESIRE to please our Father.
Bunny Trail: Ephesians 4:32 BE YE KIND! It should be a common verse in our home.
I cannot be kind enough in my own flesh! It is because Christ forgave me! That's the ONLY way it will actually happen.
It (everything) is only through Jesus; not us!