Monday, August 20, 2012

I want to...

Sometimes in your life you will go on a journey.
 It will be the longest journey you have ever taken.
 It is the journey to find yourself.
  Katherine Sharp


I would like to remember to: 

  • Find the sacred in the ordinary
  • Realize that all I have is all I need
  • Welcome feedback, creativity, and flexibility into my life
  • Savor life's small moments
I am so very grateful to the Lord for seasons of life. 
We've all faced them. We've all gone through them. 
We will all continue to face them as we age, change, grow.
It's simply part of the life cycle. Part of how God planned it.
Part of how things grow and die and new things grow again.
It simply is. 
We cannot change it.
 We cannot adjust it. 
We must embrace the season we are in.
Why waste winter trying to make summer? Or turn fall into spring? 
They each have their pros and cons just like anything else in life. 

The funny thing is that nothing has changed. 

But daily choosing to look for the good makes a difference. Produces a change. 

Philippians 4:11-12 "I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."

 Paul was in prison and sharing this with the church.
 God, in His sovereignty, decided that we ALL needed to hear this. To see this man's example lived out through His written Word. To pattern ourselves after him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment